For those reading this that do not know, I’m the CTO of Nashville-based startup Dataium, LLC. Dataium is the largest aggregator of Internet automotive shopping activity, and we’re looking to hire a software engineer. We’re specifically looking for someone with skills in several different technologies such as Java, Apache Hadoop, Adobe Flex/ActionScript 3, ColdFusion, and MySQL.
If you’re interested in learning more, the full job description is included after the break.
Are you primarily a Java developer with at least 2 years of experience? Do you have at least a year of full-time experience in a few of the other technologies we use? Are you a super fast learner, that thrives in difficult, challenging environments, and who prefers a startup culture? If so, we want to talk to you.
In the role of software engineer you will work with the development team to create innovative software and applications using the massive amount of data we gather daily.
Things that define the type of person we are looking for
- you are hungry for a key role in a data intensive environment
- you prefer a startup culture of multiple responsibilities and a step-up-and-get-it-done environment
- you’re eager to make a big impact in a very small company
- you’re not afraid to share your ideas
- you’re not afraid to tell someone their idea isn’t good; but you bring your own idea
- you’re interested in finding technical solutions, not harping on the problem
- you like to have fun in an extremely team-oriented environment
- you thrive on trying new things and learning new technologies
- you’re interested in solving big problems; that you’ve never heard of or seen before
- you like to be challenged daily
- write Java programs designed to run on our Apache Hadoop (MapReduce) cluster
- write ad hoc Java programs to take data from many different sources, in different formats, and ETL the data into various data systems
- write Java programs that interface with remote data systems over secure channels
- help create and implement functional requirements
- develop and implement high-quality software and applications using Flex/AIR/AS3, and ColdFusion
- investigate and use cutting-edge technologies
- facilitate communication throughout the company
- communicate project status and escalate issues
- manage time effectively, meet project deadlines, and work on an experienced team
- 2 years experience in Java
- experience with source control management software such as Git or Subversion
Technical Skills Considered a Plus
- experience with Flex 4 and AIR 2.5
- experience with data-driven Flex development (Web Services, Flash Remoting, etc)
- experience with Flex frameworks, such as Swiz and Robotlegs
- experience with MySQL
- experience with Rails, PHP, or other app server
- experience with HBase, Cassandra or other distributed data systems
- experience with Linux and/or Linux administration
Interested and qualified people should e-mail hireme AT dataium DOT com to show their interest and kick off the process.