The Adobe Connect team has announced the availability of Acrobat Connect Pro Mobile. I just downloaded (iTunes link) and installed the app and it's pretty cool. For me, it's cool because it was built using betas of CS5 and the new compile to native iPhone app functionality. But, it is hard for me to see how the app will be used to attend presentations. I created a new room using the Nashville ColdFusion User Group Connect Pro account and then logged into the meeting with my iPhone 3GS. When I shared my screen from my MacBook Pro I was able to see the screen on my iPhone but there was no detail and the resolution was so small I could barely see what was going on. As I moved windows around on my desktop it took a good 10-15 seconds before the change showed up on my iPhone. Admittedly, this delay could be due to the poor Internet connection I was connected to. In short, the app works but I'm not sure how practical it is. Hit the link below to continue reading what the Adobe Connect team has to say about this new application. Or, you can click here to watch a quick demo video of the application in use on iPhone.
With this release, Connect Pro Mobile offers users mobile access via an iPhone or iPod touch to rich communications including collaborative meetings, training sessions and Web seminars.
With Connect Pro Mobile, participants can watch and listen to live presentations including real-time meeting webcam video and screen sharing demonstrations. Mobile users can see who is in the meeting at any given time, and collaborate with others using live text chat. VoIP meeting audio will broadcast straight to iPhone or iPod touch devices over a WiFi or 3G connection. Meeting hosts also have the ability to give participants the option to join a telephone conference call, and even opt to have the conference dial out to the mobile user, eliminating the need to enter complex dialing codes.
- Attend Connect Pro Meetings with integrated conference call or Voice over IP audio.
- If your meeting host is using integrated conferencing, you can let the meeting call you, and avoid entering cumbersome dialing codes.
- See who has joined the meeting, and their role (host, presenter, or attendee)
- View presentations, PDF documents, videos, and screen sharing provided by the meeting organizer. Rotate, pan, and zoom to choose your personal 'best view' of shared content
- View webcamera broadcasts from unlimited live camera feeds provided in the meeting
- Participate in chat conversations throughout the meeting.
- Join meetings attended by users on virtually any computer system: Mac, Windows, Linux, and Solaris. Plus other mobile attendees on iPhone and iPod touch.
Here are some additional resources surrounding Adobe Connect Pro Mobile.